STAY ALERT - CONTROL THE VIRUS - SAVE LIVES
The current guidance from GOV.UK is that you must:
We can all help control the virus if we all stay alert. This means you must:
- stay at home as much as possible
- work from home if you can
- limit contact with other people
- keep your distance if you go out (2 metres apart where possible)
- wash your hands regularly
Do not leave home if you or anyone in your household has symptoms.
|GOV.UK Advice and Information|
|NHS Advice and Information|
Local Support from Thurrock Coronavirus Community Action
Contact the TCCA with an online form or call 01375 511002
Find out more on the Thurrock Council website here
Symptoms of coronavirus:
high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
loss or change to your sense of smell or taste - this means you've noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal
If you believe that you have the Coronavirus do not go to your GP or hospital.
Look on the NHS website for more information about the virus and its symptoms before calling NHS 111 to help relieve the pressures that the service is currently facing.
What to do if you are displaying symptoms of Coronavirus
You must self-isolate, which means that you are to no longer go to work, or go outside. Seek help from others with regards to collecting groceries, medication and anything else that you might need.
This advice extends to the people that you live with.
For more information on how to self-isolate see here.
How to avoid catching or spreading germs
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze.
- Put used tissues in the bin straight away.
- Wash your hands with soap and water often and for 20 seconds – use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available.
- Try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell.
Do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean.
Link to video on hand washing: https://youtu.be/bQCP7waTRWU