Our Advisory Group
The Healthwatch Thurrock Advisory Group is an advisory body, supporting the Healthwatch team to deliver local Healthwatch in Thurrock. The Advisory Group is a formal sub-committee of the Thurrock CVS Board of Trustees.
The Advisory Group reviews issues relating to Healthwatch in detail and makes recommendations regarding its independence, transparency and openness. It plays an important role in overseeing Healthwatch Thurrock’s strategic plans, and reviewing the delivery of Healthwatch Thurrock in line with the contract.
The Healthwatch Thurrock Advisory Group is formed of people from a range of backgrounds with a range of relevant skills and experience, recruited in an open and transparent way and is chaired by an elected member of the committee.
The Healthwatch Thurrock Advisory Group has responsibilities for:
- Contributing to the development of, and agreeing, strategic and operational plans
- Reviewing progress against agreed plans and contract timescales
- Reviewing proposals for the delivery of Healthwatch Thurrock
- Making recommendations regarding maintaining and safeguarding the independence, openness and transparency of Healthwatch Thurrock
- Highlighting potential and actual issues
- Contributing to the on-going development and delivery of the service as appropriate